The following health and wellness professionals are highly recommended by Personal Best Personal Training for their knowledge, customer service and professionalism. Many are local to the MetroWest area of Boston, Massachusetts.
John Stevens is certified by the Feldenkrais Guild of North America as a Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner. John began teaching Awareness through Movement® lessons in 1999 while in training and Functional Integration® lessons upon graduation in 2001. He has degrees in Social Relations and Business from Harvard and Lesley University respectively.
The Feldenkrais Method®, developed by Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais (1904-1984), is a learning technique designed to teach the body alternative ways of functioning. Why do that you ask? Well, for lots of reasons; here are a few:
- You have bad posture and you know that if you continue to hold yourself with your head forward, your shoulders rounded and your chest caved in, your prospects of leading a healthy life in your old age is limited.
- You were injured and have recovered most of your functioning and are not quite back to where you were before you were hurt.
- You are concerned about your balance.
- You are an athlete or dancer at any level and you want to improve your game.
- When you walk or run, it hurts.
- You have headaches.
- You have chronic back pain.
- You have lost function because of a stroke.
- You have MS.
- You have sciatic pain.
All of these and many more are good reasons to see a Feldenkrais Practitioner. To learn about the Feldenkrais Method®, Awareness Through Movement® and Functional Integration® go to Feldenkrais.com.
Life, Business and Career Coaches
Martial Arts Studios and Masters
Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
Personal Best recommends the following trainers for clients outside of Personal Best’s travel distance.