- Lie on the floor on your back, with your knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Lift both legs up slowly keeping knees over navel, legs straight in air with knees slightly bent.
- Reach arms up pointing finger tips towards the ceiling, but not lifting shoulders off floor yet.
- Inhale while on floor, and exhale through pursed lips as you reach arms up towards toes, lifting shoulders up and tucking chin into the chest. At same time, lift buttocks off floor slightly in reverse curl (picture the dead bug in the Raid™ commercial).
- Next, inhale again in this position and exhale very hard through pursed lips pulling lower abs in towards spine. You should feel the deep abdominals draw in.
- Lower arms and legs to rest, and repeat dead bug 3-5 times.
Variation: As you get stronger, you can move shoulders/arms and legs in opposite direction to work obliques and lateral back muscles.