- Kneel on floor as if you are about to do a push-up.
- Place forearms on floor with elbows directly under shoulders. Elbows are at a 90 degree angle.
- Curl toes under and lift knees off floor so that your body is in a straight line—like a “plank”. If your buttocks is lifted higher than your back, move your feet back slightly to achieve the desired straight alignment.
- Keep abdominals very tight, buttocks tight and upper back straight without hunching.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds up to one minute, breathing continually despite the abdominals drawn in.
Variation: Once you’ve mastered this form of plank hold, challenge yourself by trying the more advanced form, the side plank hold.