- Sit on the bench of the cable pulley system and carefully reach for the wide or narrow V-bar which is clipped to the cable pulley.
- Place feet on foot plate, knees remain bent, and sit up very straight, chest up, shoulders down.
- Begin with arms extended in front of chest and pull V-bar into chest, using mid back muscles.
- Consciously squeeze shoulder blades together as V-bar comes into chest and elbows draw behind the back.
- Without bending at the low back, slowly release V-bar back to start and repeat.
Tip: Be careful not to bend the low back or rock your body to move the weight.
Variation: This exercise can also be done using a single handle attachment so that only one arm is rowing at a time.