- Stand tall with feet hip width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Keep chest lifted and shoulders rolled back.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand with palms up.
- Holding abdominals very tight, and arms close to sides, curl up both dumbbells at the same time, working core as well as biceps.
- Curl dumbbells up towards shoulders without using shoulders to assist, and then slowly lower back to start.
Variation: This exercise can also be done with elastic tubing. Standing with both feet on elastic tubing is harder than standing on tubing with one foot only.