This is an excellent exercise for any racquet sport, golf, or baseball and softball.
- Place an elastic tubing at waist height in a door with the fit loop.
- Stand facing sideways to the door.
- Grab both handles together in both hands with arms straight in front of your body.
- Stand with a wide stance, and move far enough away from the door so that there is tension on the elastic.
- Pull the elastic across your body, as if you were swinging a baseball bat, using your obliques (waistline muscles), and turn torso so that chest now faces away from the door.
- The foot closest to the door should pivot so that hips can turn with the spine.
- Do both right and left sides.